Monday, March 12, 2012

Where did I go wrong?

I'm a sales rep for a coupon company. I made 2 appts this week that seemed promising. Both companies said come back today (friday) to sign up. One called before and changed their mind. The other company- the owner said he has to think about it for 3 more months or so.



Now I made no commission and no sales and I thought that I was getting paid today. WTF. I am so upset. What did I do wrong? The appointment went really really good, but both told to come back on Friday. Came back Friday and they Buls**t me and told me "maybe in December"Where did I go wrong?
By getting into marketing, that's where you went wrong.
when you count your chicken before they hatch.....you better have a lot of spare eggsWhere did I go wrong?
You assumed they were both "slam-dunks". You are going to get "no" than you ever do "yes". This is the same if you are asking for donations, getting a book published or selling your coupon product.



When they told you to "come back on Friday", they had already told you "No". I know, that's not what you want to hear, but its the truth. If you can find a way to get them to ask for you in the first place --- even before you visit them --- you will have more solid (that is, "qualified") leads.



I don't know your business, so I can't offer a direct suggestion; I can only give you an example. I have a business where I inventory peoples' personal property. However, I hold seminars telling folks how they can inventory their stuff on their own (I basically tell them they don't need me). But at the end of my presentation, I am sure to say, 'if you get stuck, of if this is taking too long, call me and I can help'. And would you believe...it works?



I don't know how you can adapt that for your personal use, but its a suggestion. Email me if I can help more: jon@homeinventoryvt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment