Friday, March 9, 2012

Should I wait or get Nook Color during summer?

I've wanted to get an eReader recently, between the Ipad / Nook / Kindle

I went with the Nook, b/c main reason for reading, but I did like the extra bells and whistles it came with.

In anycase, I want to make absolutely sure, now is a good time to buy.

I'm in no rush, and am no impulse buyer.



If I can get the Nook Color any cheaper, I can wait.

My plan is to buy it during the summer, I'm guessing maybe a sale will go on, if not I'll also try to look for online coupons etc.. Worst case, just pay the 250$.



But I've done some research, apparently there is a Nook 2 in the works.

There are some drawbacks with the Nook Color I did want changes for, like the battery life, possibly screen and ink material, as well as better movie capabilities, just that good ole extra stufff.



Anyone know about this? Should I wait for the Nook Color during christmas or black friday, to get a better deal?Should I wait or get Nook Color during summer?
Note on model names: B%26amp;N naming is that the "Nook" (aka Nook Classic) is their older monochrome ereader; "Nook Color" is their color ereader; and "Nook Simple Touch Reader" (aka Nook Touch) is their latest monochrome ereader.



Buy a Kindle or Nook Touch if you're most interested in long-run reading. Their E Ink Pearl display is better than Nook Classic's older E Ink Vizplex screen and much better than Nook Color's LCD screen for reading text. Deciding between a Kindle and Nook Touch: Kindle advantages: keyboard, 3G model available, 4G internal memory, Text-To-Speech, MP3 support. Nook Touch advantages: touch screen, less page-turn flashing, EPUB support, SD memory expansion port.



Buy a Nook Color if you're most interested in apps and games and browsing the web. Reading long-run text is as tolerable as it is with a computer monitor, and the Kindle's and Nook Touch capabilities in the non-reading areas pale in comparison.



Other than catching a great close-out deal, there's not much reason to buy a Nook Classic now that Nook Touch is out and now that Kindle will have support for library lending. The E Ink Pearl display found in the Kindle and Nook Touch has 50% better contrast than Nook's older E Ink Vizplex.



Buy an iPad if you are ok paying a considerable premium and want the best app experience, the best PDF support, the best web browsing experience, and value color support over E Ink Pearl display's book-like reading experience.



Waiting for price reductions: As with all electronic devices and computer equipment, there's certainly better and cheaper on the way. I'd suggest making the best decision for you now and begin enjoying your purchase rather than sitting on the sidelines and missing all the fun.
Hello



I have just found this site where you can get free gifts like an ipad 2, iphone 4, and many other things, you just have to follow this 3 steps%26gt;



1.- Register at



http://doiop.com/appleoffers



2.- Complete one offer, some of them are completely free.



3.- Refer your friends and enjoy your gift once your friends have registered.Should I wait or get Nook Color during summer?
Nook Color in my opinion!
Right now, there is no reason to believe that the Nook Color will go on sale or drop in price. It's been out for less than a year, and even if there is a Nook Color 2 in the works, it will be a long time coming. However, B%26amp;N recently changed their membership advantages...so if you purchase or renew your membership at the store, you can then receive a $25 discount on a Nook Color. Also, they are really uncommon, but I have seen a coupon or two floating around for the Nook Color...which may be exclusive to members or only valid on certain days, but it's worth looking around for.
My Grandmom has a plain Nook and she likes it.
But in my opinion, being a teenager and pretty tech savvy, I'd say it's not worth the money.

The iPad has way better quality and I'm pretty sure you can get a Nook app. So it'd be like having an "advanced" Nook.. One that you can play games on and take pictures and facetime and use internet on. haha (:

The Nook lags a lot and is really.. boring. I'd rather have a real book then a Nook.


Hope I helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment