Friday, March 9, 2012

I desperately need help?

This is a very long story.



A boy and I have dated since summer of last year. It went relatively well.. for the first six months. The next six months was completely downhill of constant almost breakups until the inevitable breakup at one year. It's now 4.5 months later.



(Hint: Note the past tense) He used to be very kind and charming. I wanted to stay with him desperately since he was all I ever wanted. It's only now I think I might be suffering from verbal abuse and such.



I'm trying to stay as friends with him. He complains to me how I pry into his life so much, yet I've been giving him plenty of space for a while. I talk to him less, text him less, try not to bug him so much because that's what HE wants. All the time, I do pretty much whatever HE wants. I got into a college and he asked me to check the status for him. I didn't know his stats so I went onto his email (we know each other's passwords) just to look for the numbers to check his status. I told him there's no update and later he gets so angry at me for checking for him and going onto his email. I only tried to do what he asked me to do...



I only notice now how angry he gets when I say no. Today, he wanted me to go to Black Friday early tomorrow morning, but I'm working at 10 AM and I was throwing up and sick today, so I wanted to sleep. He called me gay and he's like you've become so lame. That's just form saying no to going with him. I understand if he doesn't want to date and stuff anymore, but I don't see how he has the right to insult me and call me names. Next thing I know, he's angry at me. Very angry, as usual. Anger moves to ignorance. He ignores a word I say. He says I complain too much and I didn't realize I was even complaining whatsoever (this was through texts, I looked back and didn't see that I was complaining). I still said sorry, I'll stop complaining. Then he's like wow, shut up. Next thing I know, he stops talking to me. I text him saying I don't understand what I've done wrong, blah blah, won't you just listen to me? He says if you text me one more time, I'll block your number (this is after he blocked my screenname). Aside from the blocking, the yelling and degrading is very common. I usually end up in tears but this happens all the time. He never listens to anything I have to say.

Another incident where I said no. He wanted me to skip school yesterday but I said no. Long story short, he was very angry about that.



To any other person on this planet, he's the ideal guy and absolutely wonderful. To everyone.. except me now. Why does he do this to me? He kills my self esteem, gets so angry at me now, very stubborn and irrational, hypocritical in a sense (long story short, I'd buy clothes, return them so I can use coupons on them, yet now he's switching between like 3 cell phones, returning and stuff because they cost less), doesn't listen to me, controlling, makes me feel worthless, etc. And stupid me thinks I can buy him stuff (I try buying him stuff to please him) and in all honesty, I want to help him. I try to please him and make him happy, but making evidently in the end, he's just pissed at me. He says I always annoy him now but I don't even know what I do to annoy him. I've been trying to stay strong but I think it's all beginning to hurt me psychologically and emotionally. What made him like this? Why does he treat me the way he does? Why can't I just be friends with him without him acting towards me in this manner?



He always tells me lets just be friends, but I don't see him EVER treating a friend this way. I want to help him and save him from himself. I just don't understand anymore...



*Note: We are both 17 %26amp; seniors. We have known each other for a year and a half and he became my best friend, and knows everything about me. I stopped talking to a lot of my friends and he was the only one I really spoke to, so clearly I have no one to talk to about this entire situation. He has never physically abused me. If abused, only verbally %26amp; emotionally*I desperately need help?
I am glad you have noticed that you have been emotionally abuse and this is exactly the way a guy acts when he emotionally abuses you. you tend to want to make it better and he blames you and you keep trying to make it better. Welcome to the real world of abusers. the best advice to give you is to stop seeing him and stop texting him and start seeing you old friends. do things that you like to do. but do not call him. if you distance yourself from him, you will have more will power to refuse him. He is not a nice person. Why do you want a person like him that makes you feel awful. don't you think you deserve better? don't you think you deserve a nice boyfriend who is nice and wants to do things you like to do and wants to please you. Life can be beautiful, if you allow it to happen. forget him and get along with your life. When you go to College, you will meet new friends and have new experiences.. It will fun. you'll see....
I agree with the answers given so far, listen to them!I desperately need help?
You guys are no longer in a relationship. You shouldn't be putting up with this stuff anymore. You may want to end the friendship as well. The both of you seem to have old issues (about the relationship) that haven't been resolved. You two are both still trying to hold on to each other, i.e. not letting go of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment