Monday, March 12, 2012

Is it wrong to be disappointed by what my boyfriend did for our 3 year anniversary? ?

My boyfriend and I had our 3 year anniversary on Friday and I feel bad because I was disappointed in what he did for me. I spent all of Thursday night, from when I got off work until 11:00pm, cooking for our anniversary dinner (homemade apple pie, lasagna, french bread, all his favorites...).



Friday night came, I took it all to his house and we had dinner and I also gave him a new jacket because he hates cold weather and was in need of a new one.



But for me he made me a cardSolid-worksorks. :\

It wasn't even a very personal card; it had 3 hearts and said "I love you" on it. And that was it...just a card.



I dunno, I guess being disappointed is silly. For some reason I just think if he'd gotten flowers, a plushie, a charm or something I wouldn't have been disappointed. At least he would have gone out of his way and left the house.... :\



I wasn't mad at my boyfriend, I understand money is tight on all of us lately. We still had a great night with dinner and a movie at home but....I just wish he had put a little more thought into what I would like, I guess. He could have made something else; a more personal card, a coupon book, a framed photo, etc and it would have been sweeter than arenderingring of a heart. O_o



Then I was talking to a friend of mine and he made me feel horrible for being disappointed. I was really sick Saturday and Sunday and he was like "You should be happy that he took care of you when you were sick, not disappointed about the card!" but....after 3 years I would kind of expect my boyfriend to want to be there for me when I'm sick, I'm always there for him when he's sick and vice versa. It's not something I'm surprised he would do, I'm grateful he was there for me but I don't think I should be so grateful as to consider that my anniversary gift or whatever my friend was insinuating. :\



Ugh, am I being a horrible girlfriend?



We've had a rough year this last one....I just thought this anniversary would have meant more to him just like it did to me. I guess not. :\ Is it wrong to be disappointed by what my boyfriend did for our 3 year anniversary? ?
I totally understand what you're talking about, but honestly I think guys just really don't put that much thought into those kinds of things. It's not an intentional neglect or anything, he just probably thought the card was good enough. I'm kind of like you and I always set high expectations, and that only causes me to be disappointed most of the time. Next time, try not to expect anything, and if he does something nice you'll be happily surprised. If not, you won't be disappointed. (I realize this is all easier said than done! lol)
All i can say is get over it if you aren't married you have no reason to be dissapointed. Is it wrong to be disappointed by what my boyfriend did for our 3 year anniversary? ?
id be disappointed. my ex broke up with me after 1.5 years. then he dated someone else for a year. but we have always been close. still love eachother and so on... and after he broke up with his gf he bought me a cute ring before xmas. then a necklace with hearts and diamonds on it after xmas. and we werent even dating nemore. id deffinitly b disappointed after 3 years. does this happen all the time tho, do u always get him stuff and he never returns the thought or favor?

1 comment:

  1. After being in relationship with Harry for Five years, he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. but one day I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in love spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: druguelspellhome1@gmail.com you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything.i CAN NEVER STOP TALKING ABOUT YOU SIR HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS:

    ReplyDelete