Friday, March 9, 2012

I need some new budget and kid-friendly meal ideas? Lunch and Dinner!?

I am stuck in one of those lull's where I only have a handful of things I have been making for the last few months.



Chicken and Dumplings

Homemade Marinara over Linquinie

Meatloaf with Peas and Potatos

Homemade Chicken noodle Soup

Homemade Sauce %26amp; Home made Gnocci's (usually followed by a baked Ziti or Lazana later in the week with left over sauce)

Homemade Chili

Pork Chops

Beef Tips %26amp; Gravy over Egg Noodles



I need some new ideas! I try to split up beef, pasta, chicken and pork evenly throughout the week but pasta has been winning latley because its quick and I have been so busy.



I need some easy dinners that are cheap, easy and the kids would like too. Any lunch ideas would be great too....kids are bored with PB%26amp;J, homemade lunchables, GC and T soup, leftovers, chicken nuggests and Macoroni and Ch.



I usually go through my coupons and match it to the stores sales, but that doesnt come out till tomarrow and we are shopping friday.I need some new budget and kid-friendly meal ideas? Lunch and Dinner!?
My kids love pasta, such as spaghetti, chicken fettuccine alfredo, and chicken parmesan... They also love Mexican foods, such as burritos, quesadillas, fajitas, nachos, and chimichangas... All are fairly inexpensive, and you can make enough for leftovers!
Here's an easy recipe everyone likes:

Hawiian Delight

you need a pack of ham steaks (about 3 bucks for 7 at walmart)

a can of pineapple rings, drained and cut,

1 tbsp. mustard

2/3 cup orange juice.

Heat the ham steaks in a skillet until warm and browned. Remove steaks and add orange juice and mustard, bringing to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Add pineapple chunks. Cook for 5 minutes. coat ham in sauce and remove.

serve with steamed rice to sop up the sauce.I need some new budget and kid-friendly meal ideas? Lunch and Dinner!?
Simple fish pie.

Lightly cook some fish, white, smoked, prawns etc in milk.

Use the milk to make a basic white sauce, add fish, then transfer to an overproof dish. Top with mashed potato and place in oven for approx 20mins until potato browns.

You can add veg if you want, sweetcorn, chopped onion, brocolli, peppers work well.
tuna noodle cassarole

turkey tettrizini

cheese quesidillas

homemade pizzas

chicken parmesan

chicken pot pie

breakfast for dinner (pancakes, waffles, french toast...)
Personally i wish to come over to your house and eat. I know that is not the question, but you made me want some homemade food. Yours sounds great
yummy!

english muffin pizza
Home made mini pizzas are pretty easy. Pop open a can of biscuits, flatten them on a cookie sheet, and let the kids top with sauce (the marinara should work), cheese, the left over meat of their choice, and any other reasonable little things they want. It is my 6 year old's favorite way to use up the last bits of left over meat dishes! And it's fun because everybody can customize it to their taste.



We also like to stuff meat, veggies, and/or cheese into biscuits for a "hot pocket" type dish, or add them to cornbread mix.



I haven't met a kid yet who doesn't like bean burritos the way I make them. (although I have met a few that don't like the way fast food places and freezer sections make them) I run a whole can of ranch style beans through the food processor. Warm it up, spoon into warm tortillas, and top with shredded cheese. ... It's a little on the runny side, but tastes pretty good.



Those and turkey burgers are probably the only things I make on a regular basis that you haven't mentioned. ... Tonight my daughter has requested sloppy joes.



Everything I have listed except maybe the sloppy joes feeds our family of 3 (which includes a typical bottomless pit man) for less than $5.
Well I happen to know that my hubby and our daughter love hamburger and tuna helper. It is one of their favorite things too eat. My favorite is kinda something I came across. there are these things called banquet homestyle bakes. I came across them at dollar general and walmart. It costs 3 bucks and it comes with the meat and everything you need to make it. it makes a decent amount. The one I made first though I can easily make without buying the box. All it needs is like a casserole pan ect....I put a layer of mashed potatoes across the bottom(instant fine) then I mix up some gravy can be any kind. Then in the gravy I mix in some meat just out of a can like chicken beef ect. then you poor that over the potatoes. Then finally I mix up some bisquits and they go on top of it. its like a different play on a pot pie. Then all that has to do is it needs to go in the oven. I love it they are all good meals. Hope this helps.
Veggies: brocolli / cauliflower with grated or shredded cheese.



Mac and cheese with peas in it.



My little ones also love steak, hot dogs, and shrimp. I use cheap cuts of steak $2.99 a pound, as long as you slice it really thin it's great. For the hiot dogs, I spend some money.. Kosher.. has to be Kosher.. I buy Hebrew natinals in the Family Pack.. it's like 50 hot dogs or something like that, but if you keep them in ziplock they stay fresh for weeks in the fridge.
i know one really good food i like.



i use a box of elbow noodles

some whole or diced tomatoes with the juice.

some corn without the juice

onions

hamburger meat





cook the noodles

cook the hamburger and the onions

put the tomatoes and with juice and corn without into a big bowl

wait till the noodles and hamburger is done and put it in the bowl with the corn and tomatoes



i love the tomatoes. so i usually put like 2 medium cans of that in mine



its call goulash







you can also try shepherd pie.. that is really good. dunno how to make it but its good.
  • oil change
  • long john silvers locations
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment