Friday, March 9, 2012

What are consequences for theft?

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California



I work(ed) at Kohl's department store and I was brought into the office by the LP officer and questioned. I confessed to voluntarily taking 7 $10.00 off coupons without any trouble. No conflict arose from the situation because I simply told the truth from the start. He said I owed the store $70.00 and I know I will more than likely be terminated. Thats not my concern though. I want to know if I can voluntarily quit my job before they fire me. Right now the case is being investigated, and i am suspended from the store. They said they would call me within 3-4 days so that they can have me sign the final papers, and I agreed to pay the $70.00 by Friday. Is it too late for me to quit voluntarily? (That is if it was possible at all) And will this go on my record? In other words, will I be labeled a criminal by the state? I know for a fact that Kolh's only verifies employment to future possible employers, and they are not allowed to tell them why somebody was terminated, I simply want to know if I have a criminal record now. Keep in mind, no police were involved in this situation, and i did not go to jail.



Background on myself:



-Just turned 20

-Full-time college student

-3.8 GPA

-Run Cross Country for my college

-Never been in trouble with the law

-Have 1 traffic ticket for speedingWhat are consequences for theft?
You can do this option below to avoid no criminal record shown.

If an accused is being charged with an offense for the first time, the accused may wish to avoid having a criminal charge by going through the Alternative Measures Program. The Alternative Measures Program requires that the accused take responsibility for her actions and make up for the theft by completing the tasks assigned by a probation officer. Once these tasks are finished, the Crown鈥檚 office withdraws the charge. Student Legal Services can assist a person who wants to apply to the Alternative Measures Program (AMP). The decision of whether a person is accepted into the program is made by the Crown鈥檚 office.

Another way of dealing with a charge and avoiding a criminal record is by going through Victim Offender Mediation (VOM) program (a program of the Mediation and Restorative Justice

Center). This program, generally, is for charges that arise out of situations between two people who know each other. To participate in this program, the accused person鈥檚 file must be approved by the Crown Prosecutor. Once the file has been approved, the people who were involved in the incident which lead to the criminal charges will meet in an office at a mediation center. The mediators will help the accused, and the people who were affected by the accused鈥檚 actions, to come to an agreement about what the accused should do to make up for her actions. Once the accused person has done the things that she has agreed to do, the accused will appear in Court and the Crown will withdraw the charges. Student Legal Services can help fill out applications for the VOM program for people who have been charged with theft but think that the case could be settled through mediation.

If in case no legal actions have filed the store against you, to be sure about your record you can check it through online site which offer a background criminal record check site.





Hope this a help!

God Bless!
If police were not involved, you should be fine. I'd quit right now or asap to at leat try keeping that off your record. Employers will ask why you were fired, quitting will save you lots and lots of future problems.What are consequences for theft?
Ask your boss to give you a spanking to keep your job.

No comments:

Post a Comment